Microblading Pre-Treatment Instructions
Microblading procedure normally requires multiple treatment sessions. For best results, clients will be required to return for at least one perfecting session. This will take place 4-8 weeks after the initial procedure. Clients with oily skin may require further perfecting sessions at their cost . Please be aware that colour intensity will be significantly darker and sharper immediately and a few days after the initial procedure, but the colour will reduce by 30-70%.
As microblading involves making small cuts in the skin, it is important to perform this procedure in a sterile and clean environment. Contaminated equipment, unclean premises and unsafe procedures all have the potential to spread diseases such as hepatitis, HIV and bacterial infections. Brows InkedTM performs all microblading procedures with sterile, single-use disposable items.
To help achieve good results it is essential to prepare the skin and body. It is important to follow these guidelines to help maximise your microblading results.
4 WEEKS prior to your microblading appointment;
- Discontinue the use of Rentinol/Vitamin A skin care products
- Do not have any facial botox treatments
- Do not sun tan or spray tan the face
- Do not have any type of facial, laser, microdermabrasion or chemical peel beauty treatments
7 DAYS prior to your microblading appointment;
- Do not pluck/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis to eyebrows or surrounding area
- Avoid taking supplements containing Ginger, Garlic, Fish Oil, Cayenne Pepper, Kombucha, Tumeric, Pineapple, Apple Cider Vinegar or Vitamin E (natural blood thinners)
- Do not tint your eyebrows
- Do not have a sunburnt face
24-48 HOURS prior to your microblading appointment;
- Do not take any blood thinners (such as aspirin, warfarin, clexane, heparin, clopidogrel) unless directed by your doctor
- Avoid the consumption of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages
- Do not do any form of physical activity that will cause perspiration
If you are not able to comply with these pre-microblading instructions or have questions please contact Brows InkedTM as soon as possible.
Attending your microblading appointment;
- There is some pain and discomfort involved with microblading. Local anaesthetic cream will be used throughout your appointment. If you, however, feel that you are more sensitive to pain than others, you can pre-numb the eyebrows prior to attending your appointment. A local anaesthetic cream can be purchased from your local Pharmacy. It is best to consult the Pharmacist as to which cream you should purchase as they will take into consideration your allergies and the area you will be applying the local anaesthetic cream.
Apply a thin even layer of the local anaesthetic cream to each brow 20-30mins prior to your appointment time. You should not need to cover the area as the cream should stay in place. The cream will be removed and the area disinfected at your appointment.
- You are able to wear your normal make-up to your appointment.
- Please bring with you any photos/pictures of the desired look that you want, but please be open-minded as certain looks/designs are not achievable for everyone.